Improve life outcomes
What Makes Me Anxious - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to identify when they are feeling anxious or worried. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Anxiety is the feeling of worry or nervousness; an uneasy feeling.
Student Goal: Given a visual or verbal prompt, the student will use a learned strategy to manage his/her anxiety.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Review with your child what anxiety is
- Anxiety is the feeling of worry or nervousness; an uneasy feeling.
- Discuss with your child what clues help them know when they are feeling anxious:
- facial expression
- fidgety hands or feet
- tone of voice
- vocabulary or words used
- Allow your child to share how they feel when they are anxious.
- Share with your child situations that you feel anxious in or about and why.
- Encourage your child to talk with you about when they feel anxious and possible reasons why.