Improve life outcomes
What Makes Me Anxious - Parent 2
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning what makes them feel anxious or worried. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Anxiety is the feeling of worry or nervousness; an uneasy feeling.
- Feelings of worry or anxiousness are common and ok.
- Your body often tells you when you are becoming anxious.
- Discuss with your child what clues help them know they are feeling anxious.
- Share your own clues to feeling anxious.
- Discuss strategies/coping skills that can help you feel less anxious or less worried.
- Allow your child to share how they feel when others are anxious.
- Talk with your child about what makes them anxious.
- Discuss with them what you can do to help them when they are anxious or feeling worried.
- Role play situations that make your child anxious and allow them to use their coping cards/skills.