Improve life outcomes
What Makes Me Angry - Parents 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to identify what makes them angry. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Anger is the feeling people get when something unfair, painful, or bad happens; it is a feeling of displeasure.
Student Goal: With visual and/or verbal prompts, the student will manage his/her anger in positive ways.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Review with your child what anger is.
- Everyone feels anger.
- What appropriate reactions to anger have you had?
- What inappropriate reactions to anger have you had?
- What are other emotions a person can experience while they are angry? (frustration, sadness, disappointment, fear, rage)
- You can learn coping skills to control your anger.
- Encourage your child to share when they are angry and why.