Improve life outcomes
The Power of Yet - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn what is the power of yet and how to practice that. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: The Power of YET is an idea that allows learners to understand that they may not be able to do something YET. It means knowing that some things are worth working hard to learn or achieve. It is knowing that working toward a goal may not be easy but worth the effort.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Is the statement “I can’t do it” a good one to use? Why not?
- Is there any other statement you can use instead of “I can’t do it”?
- Could you say “I can’t do this yet”? How is that different than saying “I can’t do it”?
- How can you improve the statement “I can’t do it”?
- How can the word YET improve your mindset?
Draw a picture or write about something at home that you cannot do YET.