Improve life outcomes
The Power of Yet - Parent 2
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on identifying and believing in the Power of Yet.. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: The Power of YET allows learners to understand that they may not be able to do something yet. It means understanding that working toward a goal may be hard but is ultimately worth the effort.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- How can you improve the statement “I can’t do it?”
- How can the word yet improve your mindset?
- Is the statement “I can’t do it” a good one to use? Why or why not?
- Is there any other statement you can use instead of “I can’t do it?”
- Could you say “I can’t do this yet?” How is that different than saying “I can’t do it?”
Write about something at home that you cannot do yet. What words can you use or actions can you take to improve in this area?