Improve life outcomes
Saying "No" - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn to say no respectfully to classmates, peers or friends. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: It is okay to say "no" to friends. If you do not want to do what they are doing, you should say "no" nicely using kind language. When you can, you should also tell the person why you are answering no.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Is it okay to say “no” to a friend?
- When is a situation or time you might say “no” to a friend?
- Is it okay to say “no” to a family member?
- How do you say “no” politely?
- How do you say “no” without hurting someone’s feelings?
- What can happen if you say no to an invitation?
Draw a picture or write about a time you had to say “no” to someone.