Improve life outcomes
Problem Solving - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to solve problems. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Problem solving is finding positive solutions to difficult problems or situations. It means defining what the problem is, identifying what the cause of it is, thinking of solutions and putting the solution in place.
Student Goal: In a given social situation or educational activity, the student will use problem solving skills.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Everyone has problems and the ability to solve them.
- A problem is a question that needs to be answered or a situation that creates difficulty.
- Problems can be successfully solved by taking the appropriate steps.
- Most problems have more than one solution.
- Allow your child to share any situations when they could have used problem solving skills/strategies. Discuss the possible solutions they could have used in that situation.