Improve life outcomes
Problem Solving - Parent 2
Review the following discussion topics with your child.
- What are some problems you face at school? Home?
- What are some steps you can take to help you solve your problem?
- Review: Define the problem, Brainstorm ideas, Decide on a solution, Implement the solution, Review the results
Role play the following scenarios with your child.
- You are at Walmart and you find $20 on the floor. What should you do?
- You want to go out with friends, but your parents have told you no. Your friend calls and tells you to sneak out of the house. What should you do?
- Dad tells you that you must come home right after school and start your homework. Dad isn’t home when you get home and you really want to watch a movie. What should you do?