Post Secondary Plan - Vocational Student
Table of Contents
Enter your first name:
Enter your last initial:
Answer the questions below.
Complete the Word Scramble Below
Directions: To check your understanding of the lesson, answer the following questions.
Questions to Ask of the College Student Disability Office provided by: SPAN: Parent Advocacy Network www.spanadvocacy.org
- How many students with disabilities are on campus? Are they full time, part time, residents, commuters? Are they the typical age of college students, or older?
- What are the goals/ objectives of this program?
- What services are provided? Is there a charge for this service? How do I get this service?
- What records/documentation of a disability are needed to get academic accommodations? How recent does the testing need to be?
- What specialized training in disabilities do you have?
- Is tutoring and/or counseling provided on one-to-one, or group? If in a group, how large is it? How often can I get this?
- How long do I get these services? A semester, a year, or as long as I am a student?
- Is the campus accessible? Are there any courses unavailable to students with disabilities?
- Are there courses required of students with learning disabilities? If so, do they carry college credit toward graduation?
- Can I carry less than a full course load in my first year?