Improve life outcomes
Perseverance - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to use perseverance when they encounter difficult situations or tasks. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Perseverance means continuing to work at learning something or doing a difficult task without giving up. When you continue working on a task, even though you make mistakes, you show perseverance.
Student Goal: When attempting to complete a difficult task, the student will demonstrate perseverance by completing it using a learned strategy.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- What are examples of tasks/skills that are difficult for you?
- What are some things you can do to show perseverance?
- Why is perseverance an important trait for a person to have?
- Do you think you can be successful in life without perseverance? Why or why not?
- Encourage your child to use their learned strategies to persevere when completing difficult tasks.