Improve life outcomes
What Makes Me Angry - Parent 1
Review the following topics with your child
- Discuss with your child what signs their body gives them that they are becoming angry
- Review with your child what their anger buttons are.
- Ask your child what coping skills work best for them. Have them practice with you
Role play the following scenarios with your child.
When is it important to look at others?
- You are at Walmart and you want a new toy. Mom tells you no. How does your body feel? What coping skills could you use?
- Dad tells you it is time to do your homework and you don’t want to. How does your body feel? What coping skills could you use.
- You are at baseball practice and you get called out. You don’t think you were out. How does your body feel? What coping skills could you use.
How well did you do practicing your coping tools when you were becoming angry this week?