Improve life outcomes
Meeting New People - Parent 2
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to meet new people. Included in these activities are how to introduce yourself and what else you can say to someone you just met.
Definition: Meeting someone new means that you are open to introducing yourself to and having a conversation with someone you do not know.
We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home! Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Is it difficult to meet new people?
- How do you approach someone you do not know to introduce yourself?
- Why is it important to meet new people?
- Where can you meet new people?
- Share an experience you had meeting someone. Discuss what you said and how you felt.
Draw a picture or write about a time you met someone knew. Discuss how you introduced yourself and how you felt.