Improve life outcomes
Making New Friends - Parents 2
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to make and maintain friends. In class they have been learning about ways to make new friends and ways to maintain friendships.
Definition: Making new friends means talking to new people you don’t know and spending time getting to know them. It means showing respect for each other. Making a new friend also involves sharing good times and bad times together.
We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home! Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- How do you make new friends?
- What are the qualities of a good friend?
- What are the behaviors of a bad friend?
- Describe the last time you made a new friend.
- Share with your child how you make new friends at work or other locations/activities.
Share with your child how you make new friends at work or other locations/activities.