Improve life outcomes
Prior to teaching this skill, student must be able to orient and attend to another individual.
The student will be able to imitate a one step motor action (with or without an object).
The student will be able to imitate a one step motor action (with or without an object) for a minimum of 5 actions across 2 different peers and 3 different environments within Silas.
Whole Group or Small Group
- Whole Group or Small Group
- Silas Says
- Teacher will engage students by asking them to play a game
- Teacher will explain that students must watch closely so that they can copy the actions
- Teacher will only say “Silas says do this”
- If necessary, teacher will eliminate simon says and only say “do this”
- Teacher will lead the class in the game
- Teacher will only demonstrate one-step actions each time they say “do this” (e.g. clapping, jumping, turning around)
- Teacher will explain that students are going to play this game in pairs and play the same game with one action at a time
- Students will break into pairs to play “Silas Says”
- Student A will first lead by instructing student B to “do this”
- Pairs will swap
- Each pair will record themselves on the first run through
- If appropriate, pairs will watch their videos and assess if they followed directions correctly and completely
- To close the lesson, teacher will check in with each pair to play a quick round of Silas Says.