Improve life outcomes
Identifying Emotions - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to identify their emotions and manage them in positive ways. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Emotions or feelings are a person’s reactions to certain situations or the environment.
Student Goal: Throughout the school day, the student will use learned strategies to manage his/her emotions.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- There are many types of emotions.
- Many people can feel more than one emotion at a time.
- How a person handles emotions influences his/her behavior and actions.
- All emotions are ok. The important part is how we express our emotions.
- Allow your child to share how they feel.
- Share with your child situations that you feel different emotions.
- Encourage your child to talk with you about when they feel emotions and possible reasons why.