Improve life outcomes
Identifying Anxiety - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to identify when others around them are feeling anxious or worried. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Anxiety is the feeling of worry or nervousness; an uneasy feeling.
Student Goal: In social situations, the student will respond in a positive manner to someone who is anxious.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Review with your child what anxiety is.
- Discuss with your child what clues help them know someone is anxious.
- facial expression
- fidgety hands or feet
- tone of voice
- vocabulary or words used
- Allow your child to share how they feel when others are anxious.
- Identify triggers that may cause someone to feel anxious (or worry).
- Share with your child situations that you feel anxious in or about and why.
- Encourage your child to talk with you about when they feel anxious and possible reasons why.