Improve life outcomes
Identifying Anxiety - Parent 2
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to identify anxiety or manage feeling anxious. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Anxiety is the feeling of worry or nervousness; an uneasy feeling.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Review with your child what anxiety is.
- Discuss with your child what clues help them know someone is anxious.
- Allow your child to share how they feel when others are anxious.
- Share with your child situations that you feel anxious in or about and why.
- Encourage your child to talk with you about when they feel anxious and possible reasons why.
Draw or write how a person who is anxious may look.