Improve life outcomes
Identifying Anxiety - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn how to identify when they are anxious or worried. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Anxiety is a feeling of worry or nervousness; an uneasy feeling.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Review with your child what anxiety is.
- a strong feeling of worry or fear
- Discuss what clues help them know someone is anxious.
- worried face
- picking at fingernails
- not able to focus on what parent is telling them or what a friend may be talking about
- always looking out the window or away
- Allow your child to share how they feel when others are anxious. Also talk about how you feel when you see someone that is anxious or worried about something.
Draw or write how a person who is anxious may look. After the picture is drawn, talk about the signs they included in the picture.