Improve life outcomes
"Hi" and "Bye" - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn appropriate ways to meet, greet and say goodbye to others. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Saying “Hi” is a greeting. It is important to say hi when you are meeting someone you know or someone new. Saying, “Bye” is a farewell. It is important to say bye when you are leaving someone you know or someone you just met. You can greet someone with words or phrases or hand gestures (such as a hand wave). You can bid someone farewell with words or phrases or hand gestures (such as a hand wave).
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- When is it important to say “Hello” to individuals?
- What are some phrases that you can use to greet others?
- When is it important to say “Bye” to individuals?
- What are some phrases that you can use to say “bye” to others?
- Share your own experiences of greeting and saying goodbye to others and the words you used.
Draw a picture of a time you might greet someone at home. After, talk to your child about the situation they drew and the words they used.