Improve life outcomes
Handling Disagreements - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to respectfully disagree with someone. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definitions: To disagree is to have differing feelings or opinions from others.
Student Goal: In social situations, the student will disagree politely with another.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- What does it mean to disagree?
- Is it okay to disagree?
- What are the consequences of disagreeing?
- Refrain from putting others down or using hurtful words when disagreeing.
- Listen to other points of view.
- Avoid using abusive language when disagreeing.
- Allow your child to share any situations when they disagreed with someone. Discuss if your child used respectful/polite language or not.