Improve life outcomes
Handling A Bully - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to respond to bullying behavior and/or actions. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Bullying is behavior or language that seeks to harm, intimidate, or control another individual.
Student Goal: The student will address a bullying situation using a rehearsed strategy in relevant social situations.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Have you ever bullied someone?
- How does bullying hurt others?
- Have you ever experienced bullying?
- What emotions might a person feel when they are bullied?
- What happens if you witness bullying?
- Allow your child to share any situations when they encountered bullying or when someone they know did.