Improve life outcomes
Growth Mindset - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn the concept of growth mindset and how to practice that. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Growth mindset is the belief that your brain can grow through hard work and dedication. It is believing a task that might be hard or challenging can be a chance to learn something new.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- What do you think when you make a mistake? Do you admit it to anyone?
- What do you think when you are trying something new or that might be hard for you? Do you give up or do you think differently about it?
- What is a growth mindset?
- What is a fixed mindset?
- Why is a growth mindset important?
- How can a growth mindset help you be successful in life?
Draw a picture or write about something that is hard for you at home.