Improve life outcomes
Diversity - Parents 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning the importance of diversity. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Diversity means differences; people may be different in many ways, including race, ethnicity, age, disability, language, culture, appearance, or religion. Diversity is what helps make us all unique.
Student Goal: When encountering a person who may be different in regards to race, ability, culture, language, or religion, the student will act respectfully towards the person.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- What makes people different?
- What makes people the same?
- Can being different make you feel sad?
- What are some similarities between members of your family?
- What are some differences?