Dining Out - Vocational Student
Table of Contents
Enter your first name:
Enter your last name:
Student Activity Sheet A
SiLAS Bistro Menu
Wings (Buffalo or BBQ) - $8.00
Loaded Potato Skins - $7.00
Mozzarella Sticks - $6.00
Nachos - $7.00
Spaghetti and Meatballs - $9.00
Cheeseburger and fries - $8.00
Chicken fingers and fries - $8.00
Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and vegetable - $10.00
Sirloin Steak, baked potato and vegetable - $14.00
Broiled or Fried Flounder with baked potato and coleslaw - $12.00
Brownie Sundae - $5.00
Cheesecake - $4.00
Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry) - $3.00
Chocolate or Rice Pudding - $2.00
Iced Tea or Lemonade $2.25
Soda/Pop (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite) $2.00
Student Activity Sheet B
Directions: Fill in the blanks below.
$5.00 + $6.00 + 10.00 + $4.00 = $25.00
$25.00 + $1.50 = $26.50
$25.00 x.20% = $5.00
$26.50 + $5.00 = $31.50
Student Activity Sheet C
Today we are going to be going on a trip to the SiLAS Bistro for lunch, but first I want to walk you through what this might be like.
1. When you arrive at the restaurant, we will have to tell the host or hostess how many people we have in our group and give them a name. We might have to wait until they get our table(s) ready. When our group name is called, we will follow the host/hostess to our table and he/she will give us a menu.
2. You can look over the menu and decide what to eat or drink, then wait for the waiter/waitress to come take your order. Once you give the server your order (mention to them if you have any allergies), you should place your napkin on your lap and wait patiently for your drink and food to arrive. Sometimes it can take a little while. You can talk, but keep your voice low.
3. When your food arrives, it is polite to wait until everyone at your table has their food before you start to eat, and remember to say please and thank you. Do not shout, reach or grab across the table for anything.
4. When you are done eating, wait until everyone else finishes. You can ask to take home any food you have not eaten. The busser will clear your dirty dishes, and the server will deliver your check. Look it over to see if everything seems correct. The bill should have a subtotal, tax, then show the total amount.
5. If your waiter or waitress did a good job, remember to add a 20% tip to the subtotal amount.
Student Lesson Review Sheet
Directions: To check your understanding of the lesson, answer the following questions.