Improve life outcomes
Dealing with Peer Pressure - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to deal with peer pressure. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Peer pressure is when an individual close to your age attempts to influence your decisions in a positive or negative way.
Student Goal: When presented with a negative peer pressure situation, the student will use a rehearsed phrase to say no.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Is all peer pressure negative?
- How should we handle peer pressure?
- Belonging to a group can be a positive experience.
- Belonging to a group can also be a negative experience.
- Allow your child to share examples of when they encountered peer pressure.