Improve life outcomes
Coping With Stress - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to use coping skills when they feel stressed or are in stressful situations. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It is your body's reaction to a challenge or demand.
Student Goal: Given a social situation that may be stressful, the student will choose a learned coping skill to use.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- We all experience stress in life.
- What are possible reasons a person may feel stressed?
- How do you know you are stressed?
- Do you have ways to deal with your stress?
- Allow your child to share how they feel when in stressful situations.
- Encourage your child to talk with you about when they feel stress and possible reasons why.