Improve life outcomes
Coping Skills - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn what coping skills/strategies are and how to use them in social situations. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Coping skills are needed to help us handle life situations successfully. A coping skill is an action that you can take to lessen a stressful situation or react more positively in a hard situation.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- We all can have strong feelings at times.
- We all have ways we try to cope with strong feelings.
- Some coping approaches are successful and some are not.
- Talking to someone you trust, like a parent or an adult, can help when you feel strong emotions.
- Coping skills are needed to help us handle life situations successfully.
Draw or write a coping skill you could use at home when you are feeling big emotions.