Improve life outcomes
Handling A Bully - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn strategies to use when they encounter a bully or bullying behaviors. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Bullying occurs when someone hurts or frightens another person that may be younger, smaller in height; it can also be when someone tries to make you do something you don’t want to do or shouldn’t do, but makes you afraid to say no to them.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Have you ever been in a situation where someone tried to frighten you because they were older or taller than you?
- Have you ever been in a situation where someone tried to make you do something wrong because they made you afraid to say no to them?
- Have you ever bullied someone?
- Is calling a person bad names bullying?
- Is it okay to say bad things to someone if you don’t hurt them physically?
- How can you be a buddy and not a bully?
- What happens if you witness bullying being done to someone else and you do nothing?
Draw a picture or write about a time when you were bullied or saw a friend getting bullied. How did you feel when it happened? What did you do to help your friend?