Improve life outcomes
Handling A Bully - Parent 1
Your student is participating in classroom activities helping them learn strategies to use when they encounter a bully or bullying behaviors. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Bullying occurs when someone hurts or frightens another person that may be younger, smaller in height; it can also be when someone tries to make you do something you don’t want to do or shouldn’t do, but makes you afraid to say no to them.
Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Have you ever been in a situation where someone tried to frighten you because they were older or taller than you?
- Have you ever been in a situation where someone tried to make you do something wrong because they made you afraid to say no to them?
- Have you ever bullied someone?
- Is calling a person bad names bullying?
- Is it okay to say bad things to someone if you don’t hurt them physically?
- How can you be a buddy and not a bully?
- What happens if you witness bullying being done to someone else and you do nothing?
Draw a picture or write about a time when you were bullied or saw a friend getting bullied. How did you feel when it happened? What did you do to help your friend?