Improve life outcomes
Handling A Bully - Parent 2
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning how to identify bullying and strategies to respond.
Definition: Bullying occurs when you make someone feel bad about themselves on purpose or you try to force someone to do what you want them to do.
We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home! Here are just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- Have you ever bullied someone?
- Have you seen someone else experience bullying?
- Is calling a person bad names bullying?
- Is it okay to say bad things to someone if you don’t hurt them physically?
- What happens if you witness bullying and do nothing?
Write about a time you were bullied. How did it feel? Discuss with your child the list of strategies they learned in order to respond to bullying.