Improve life outcomes
Body Language - Parent 3
Your child is participating in classroom activities focused on learning the importance of recognizing and interpreting body language. We would love for you to keep the discussion going at home!
Definition: Body language is nonverbal communication. Body language includes facial expressions and your body movements. Body movements and facial expressions can convey meaning and show emotion.
Student Goal: During a set time within the school day, the student will observe another person’s body language to interpret their possible emotions.
Here a just a few ideas to help get the conversation started:
- What is body language?
- Is body language an important factor in communication?
- Can body language provide us with information different from the words someone says?
- Body language conveys a lot of information about what a person really means.
- Body language can change the meaning of words.
- Body language gives you insight into how someone actually feels about what you have said.
- Body language can help you understand what happened in greater detail.